JVC Camcorder Repair
Below is a list of JVC camcorder models we have repaired recently. If your camcorder is not listed below, just let us know.
- JVC GY-HM750
- JVC GY-HM700
- JVC GY-HM600
- JVC GY-HM100
- JVC GZ-HD300
- JVC GZ-HD7
- JVC GZ-HD6
- JVC GZ-HD5
- JVC GZ-HD3
- JVC GZ-HM200
- JVC GZ-MS120
To purchasing genuine JVC camcorder replacement parts and instruction manuals, this is the place. You can check the price and availability too!
Common Problems on JVC Camcorders
Below is a list of common problems on JVC camcorders.
- No power at all, Won’t turn on
- LCD screen doesn’t work, Viewfinder doesn’t work
- Buttons don’t work
- Zoom doesn’t work
- Autofocus doesn’t work, Out of focus
- Won’t recognize memory cards
- Dead pixels
- Audio doesn’t record through either built-in mic or XLR inputs
- Physical damages, Broken handle or main frame
- Hard drive replacement or recovery
- Firmware upgrade
How to troubleshoot JVC Camcorders
Below is the explanation of the error codes for JVC camcorders & recording decks. This will give you an idea what to do.
|Error Code||Symptom / Cause||Condition When Observed||Resurting Condition|
|E00||Overtime - Timeout when mode shifts||Record or Playback||Eject|
|E01||Mode control motor rotates for more than 10 seconds without shift to next mode||Unloading||Mode continues|
|E02||Mode control motor rotates for more than 10 seconds without shift to next mode||Loading||Mode continues|
|E03||Supply Side Reel FG input absent (Supply Side Reel does not rotate)||Record, Playback, Search or F/F||Stop|
|E04||Drum FF input absent (Drum motor does not rotate)||Drum rotation||Stop|
|E06||Capstan FG input absent (Capstan motor does not rotate)||Loading or Unloading||Stop|
|E07||Short circuit of Capstan motor circuit board||Power on||Power off|
|E0201||CONDENSATION ON DRUM / DEW detected||If DEW sensor detects condensation||IC803 (MSD) –detects voltage of pin E16|
|E3200||LOADING FAILURE / Does not load||If mechanism position does not move in loading direction within 5 seconds||IC803-pin F14 Rotary encoder output is detected|
|E3300||UNLOADING FAILURE / Does not unload||If mechanism position does not move in unloading direction within 5 seconds||IC803-pin F14 Rotary encoder output is detected|
|None||No display / Does not intake||If intake is not completed within 5 seconds (Perform ejects without warning)||IC803 (MSD) –pin M9, CASSETTE SW is not detected within 5 seconds|
|E4100||CASSETTE EJECT FAILURE / Does not eject||If eject is not completed within 5 seconds||IC803 (MSD) –pin P9, HOUSING SW is not detected within 5 seconds|
|E5605||DEFECTIVE TAPE / Tape abnormality during intake||If begin and end sensor are ON after intake||IC803 (MSD) –pin E15, START sensor and pin E14, END sensor are both detected|
|E5606||DEFECTIVE TAPE / Tape tear during unloading||If reel FG is excessive during unloading||IC803 (MSD) –pin R14, TU REEL FG is detected|
|E5607||DEFECTIVE TAPE / Tape tear during loading||If reel FG is insufficient during loading||IC803 (MSD) –pin R14, TU REEL FG is detected|
|E5608||DEFECTIVE TAPE / Tape tear on the loading side||If only supply side reel does not rotate during FWD/REV||IC803 (MSD) –pin R13, SUP REEL FG is not detected|
|E5609||DEFECTIVE TAPE / Tape tear during slack take up||If tape slack takeup is not completed within 10 seconds||IC803 (MSD) –pin R14, TU REEL FG and pin R13, SUP REEL FG are both detected|
|E5702||TAPE END DET. ERROR / End sensor malfunction||If trailer tape sending is not completed within 3 seconds||IC803 (MSD) –pin E14, END sensor is detected for over 3 seconds|
|E5802||TAPE BEGIN DET. ERROR / Begin sensor malfunction||If leader tape sending is not completed within 3 seconds||IC803 (MSD) –pin E15, START sensor is detected for over 3 seconds|
|E7001||DRUM MOTOR FAILURE / Drum motor does not rotate||If drum motor does not rotate for over 4 seconds||IC803 (MSD) –pin T14, DRUM FG is not detected for over 4 seconds|
|E7101||CAP MOTOR FAILURE / Capstan motor does not rotate||If capstan motor does not rotate for over 2 seconds||IC803 (MSD) –pin T13, CAP FG is not detected for over 2 seconds|
|E7202||SUPPLY REEL FAILURE / SUP reel does not rotate||If SUP reel does not rotate for over 3 seconds||IC803 (MSD) –pin R13, SUP REEL FG is not detected for over 3 seconds|
|E7203||SUPPLY REEL FAILURE / SUP side tape slack||If only SUP reel does not rotate during REV||IC803 (MSD) –pin R13, SUP REEL FG is not detected|
|E7302||TAKE UP REEL FAILURE / TU reel does not rotate||If TU reel does not rotate for over 3 seconds||IC803 (MSD) –pin R14, TU REEL FG is not detected for over 3 seconds|
|E7303||TAKE UP REEL FAILURE / TU side tape slack||If only TU reel does not rotate during FWD||IC803 (MSD) –pin R14, TU REEL FG is not detected|
|E7305||TAKE UP REEL FAILURE / Tape slack during unloading||If TU reel FG is insufficient during unloading||IC803 (MSD) –pin R14, TU REEL sensor is detected|
|E7401||REEL MOTOR FAILURE / Reel motor does not rotate||If reel motor does not rotate for more than 4 seconds during reel drive mode||IC803 (MSD) –pin R12, REEL FG is not detected for over 4 seconds|
JVC Camcorder Repair Photos
We take photos during the repair and share with the customer.
How to get a free estimate for your JVC camcorder
- Let us know the model number and symptom of your JVC camcorder through our Free Estimate form or E-mail us directly.
- You’ll be emailed with an estimate within 24 hours. If you feel satisfied with the estimate and decided to send your JVC camcorder to us, proceed with the next step.
- Pack your JVC camcorder safely and ship via UPS, FedEx or USPS. There is no upfront fee.
- Once we have received your JVC camcorder, we’ll inspect thoroughly and let you know what the exact repair cost is. Then we’ll proceed with the repair upon approval. What if you don’t want us to repair at this point? just let us know, we’ll get your JVC camcorder back to you at no cost, there’s no estimate fee. You just need to pay for the return shipping which is around $15 to $30 depending on the size and weight of the package.
- Once the repair has been completed, we’ll send you a completion e-mail and an invoice that you can pay through on-line.
- Done! we’ll pack your JVC camcorder up and ship it back to you. You’ll be e-mailed a tracking number when it ships.